I know I am running late, but promise I didn’t forget about a November challenge. Things are just moving too quickly for me this fall, here already November is upon us and that means holidays, parties, and, of course, bustling around from one activity to the next. For November, I would like to focus on toning the legs that carry us from one activity to the next. For those just joining in, I like to do a monthly challenge workout that you can do without going to the gym. When I think of leg workouts, I think of my friend Kerry and her killer leg routine from group classes I took at the gym. We would do 100′s of them it seemed.
In honor of Thanksgiving this month the routine will be a Turkey Toner – Legs and Thighs.
My goal is to do 2-3 sets each of these in succession. Do as many as you feel comfortable doing for your own fitness level and workout time allowed.
Side-Lying Leg Lifts – Watch how here.
- Up/Down – See Video. No need to go all the way up and down. Keep leg muscles engaged and go about 1/2 way up.
- Circles – Point toe and draw small circle forward and then backward for the same count as #of reps
- Pulse – Flex foot, extend up 1/2 way and pulse for same count as # of reps
- Hold – Flex foot, extend 1/2 way and hold for same count as # of reps
Inner Thigh Lifts – Watch how here
- Up/Down – See Video, Top Leg bent w/ foot on floor. Up and down with bottom leg as can extend
- Circles – Point toe and draw small circle forward then backward for same count as # of reps
- Pulse – Lift and give it a small pulse for same count as # of reps
- Hold – Lift and hold for same count as # of reps
Sumo Squats - Watch how here.
- Up/Down – See Video. Legs wider than shoulder width feet pointed out, back straight and sink down. Careful to keep knees in alignment.
- Pulse – Sink as low as can and give it a little pulse same count as # of reps
- Hold – Sink down one last time and Hold it for same count as # of reps
This month I want to make sure we don’t forget about that core we have worked so hard on, so here are a couple of bonus ab moves for a more complete workout.
Bonus Ab Series:
- Bicycle Crunches – Same Rep Count as leg moves
- Plank – Hold as long as possible. Increase time slowly throughout month.
- Side Plank – Hold as long as possible. Increase time slowly throughout the month.
Comment below and let me know you are doing the Turkey Toner Challenge with me this month. I’d love to hear from you! You can find a printable .pdf version here.