Well today is a big day and I am trying to keep my mind busy and hurry it along to the fun part tonight. Since they posted this blog topic I have been trying to narrow down my tips for success. I’ve been doing this a long time and have lost a lot of weight so far so I do consider myself as having success. Maybe not entirely to my goal yet but I know I will get there.
These are my best tips for anyone just starting out on their own journey.
1. Start Today! Don’t wait till the junk is gone from the kitchen. Don’t wait till next week. Each moment you are making a choice, and with each bite you take you are either closer to or farther from your goal. It is the biggest step you will take. Get moving, and you are started. If there are temptations in the house, remove them and start now.
2. Get Determined! It is hard to have confidence in something that seems so daunting as losing 100lbs. Don’t think of it as that huge amount: break it down and just tell yourself you will lose 5 or 10 pounds to start with, in a certain realistic number of weeks. Set your mind on the goal, and go after it. So many people say they have no motivation, but although motivation and excitement is great, it isn’t the motivation that takes you to your goal, it is the determination that keeps you moving toward it even when the excitement and motivation are lacking (Which can happen a lot. I am speaking from much experience.).
3. Don’t try to do everything at once! Pick a focus or healthy habit to implement and work till you have a good handle on it then move on to add the next healthy habit without dropping the ones you have already embraced. Building healthy habits one at a time will keep you from getting overwhelmed in the beginning.
4. Seek help! Having a partner in the process will make a huge difference. An accountability partner or a community like Mamavation or even a friend to work out with will help to keep you going. Working with someone will give you someone to talk to when temptation strikes, and a support network of this type makes a huge difference.
5. Stay positive! Remember you are worth it and YOU CAN DO THIS! Don’t let the negative talk into your head. Weight-loss is about so much more than physical activity. It’s about healthy eating, healthy living, healthy mental attitude, and exercising for a healthy body. You have to love yourself to want to change for a healthier you.
Talk to me! I want to help you get where you want to be. What kinds of things can I post about that would help you on your journey? Let’s do this together.